Bad Rez

Teobold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, one of my objects has been lost when I wanted to make rez and this message appears 

[05:34] Second Life: Can't rez object 'Partytoon Attachment 2 (delete me)' at { 93.5619, 99.6435, 40.5992 } on parcel 'Jennifer's House' in region Danim because the parcel is too full.

How can I retrieve the object? How do I stop the message from appearing? I can not see or access the position of the object.

2 answers to this question

You wait.  Chances are pretty good that it will reappear in your inventory within a day or two.  When you try to rez more objects than your parcel can handle, the system usually simply refuses.  However, if the servers are busy doing something else at the time, or if you are rezzing several things at  once, the servers can get confused and lose track of the rezzed object completely.  When that happens, they will sometimes rez it at the extreme SW corner of the region (at location <0,0,0>) but usually they will just hold onto it for a while.  You can try looking at location <0,0,0>, but usually all you have to do is be patient for a day or two.

Meanwhile, get rid of a few things on the parcel to bring its total L.I. down to well below your allowance so this doesn't happen again.

• Like 1

Rolig is right. But, you are new so I'll explain it a bit more.

What you have run into is the object limit. A parcel/region is limited to a certain number of things being it. When the region reaches that limit, you cannot rez any thing in it. As Rolig said, if the region is lagging then the refusal may not work as it is supposed to. 

You can look in Parcel and Region Details (World menu) and the Estate Management Tools to see how full the region is.

The process is the region keeps track of how much stuff is in the region. The viewer tells the region it wants to rez a thing in the region. The server has to go get the thing, determine its Land Impact Cost and see if it exceeds the limit. If it does, there no room for the item, it refuses to rez the item and tells the viewer, which tells you.

When things are lagging this process can get the viewer and server out of step.

You can visit a sandbox and rez the object. Edit it and look at its Land Impact Cost. You'll know how much stuff you have to remove from the parcel/region for it to rez.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.