Certain Clothing will NOT detach

KarraLu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I logged on earlier was wearing an outfit...when I wanted to change my outfit The 1st outfit was still on. Even if I detached it it would NOT go away.. I tried the Character Test but That didn't help. in fact some of the clothing from THAT is now stuck too. NOTHING I am doing is working...how can I fixed this.. i am very annoyed and done with trying. Please help :/

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, KarraLu said:

When I logged on earlier was wearing an outfit...when I wanted to change my outfit The 1st outfit was still on. Even if I detached it it would NOT go away.. I tried the Character Test but That didn't help. in fact some of the clothing from THAT is now stuck too. NOTHING I am doing is working...how can I fixed this.. i am very annoyed and done with trying. Please help :/

be sure not to wear skin with baked underwear...

or normally a relog will solve this

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KarraLu said:

NOTHING I am doing is working...how can I fixed this.. i am very annoyed and done with trying. Please help :/

First, take a deep breath and try to relax. :)

Then... there are five possible reasons why a part of an outfit won't detach.

The first to check is the one Alwin mentioned. Some skins come with underwear baked onto them to keep people who aren't supposed to see the naughty bits from seeing the naughty bits. That's probably not your problem but it's easy to check.

Second: when you choose a new outfit, you select "Repalce" not "Add", don't you?

Third: do you have RLV enabled and are you using a third party viewer? If you are, it's possible the item you can't get rid of is scripted to be non-detachable. Solution: switch RLV off and relog or change to the official viewer.

Fourth: Experiences is a kind of "RLV Light" and unlike the real thing officially approved by Linden Lab and they too can sometimes disallow removal of certain worn items. Go to a different sim and see if you can remove the item there.

All these four reasons are fairly rare but easy to eliminate so check those first. Eventually you probably have to go for option five though:

Go to an empty water sim, like Moses (you can't find it by searching for the name on the big map). Relog and select one of the starter avatars in the "Me" menu and click on it to replace your current outfit. That should get rid of everything you are currently wearing. Of course, replace it with one of your regular outfits right away - unless you find a starter avatar you actually like.

Edited by ChinRey
Typo
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.