Protocol for wearing whole inventory?

urusaina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Firestorm viewer.

I accidentally wore my whole inventory and the old method of deleting the links in the Outfit folder no longer works, because the links don't appear until you take off the 20 or so items you're currently wearing, for it to give you 20 more. I have 68,000 items and don't want to remove them 20 at a time. Character testing doesn't work, basically nothing I've tried has worked. What is the proper way to deal with this problem now in the new SL updates?

2 answers to this question

Have you tried the alternative approach that the Firestorm support staff recommend?

Method 2

If the above doesn't solve the problem, the fix below usually works - though it may need to be repeated a couple of times:

• Go to Hippo Hollow
  • Make a temporary folder in your inventory; in that, put a *copy* of your skin, shape, hair base and eyes - and if you like, a base layer garment like jeans or a dress. NO PRIMS
  • Right click the folder you just made, and select Replace Outfit. No Add, not wear, but REPLACE
  • Once that has done, relog to last location - ie, back to Hippo Hollow.
  • Make sure you are still wearing only the things from the temporary folder you made
  • At this point, you can put your normal avatar back on.
  • Like 5

The current quick fix is to change to the Test Avatar, Develop (Ctrl-Alt-Q if not visible)->Avatar->Character Tests->Female/Male Test.

Trying to manipulate the contents of the CoF Folder has its risks as the viewer and servers are both trying to control and keep the folder in sync.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.