No one can sit down anywhere on the sim that I own. Have I screwed up some settings somewhere?

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently rented land and built a sim. On the second day of building and installing items, we discovered that no one can sit down, either on furniture or on the floor. This is only within the house. Poseballs still work. Have I set something up in the land or the building prims? How do I get it back?

6 answers to this question

Are there any megaprims close by (maybe a sim surround or a giant sculpted prim) and are you trying to sit on some scripted furniture that offers a variety of sits but doesn't use poseballs?

This sounds like a very common issue, you see, that drives furniture makers like me nuts.  For technical reasons I won't bore you with, if you're inside the collision box (which isn't the same as what you can see, necessarily) of a large prim and try to sit on certain things, the sim gets confused and thinks you're trying to sit on the sim surround or the giant rocks or something, rather than the furniture.

There is a workround, fortunately, most of the time.  

Simply drop this script

default{    state_entry()    {       llSitTarget(<0.0,0.0,0.1>,ZERO_ROTATION);       llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

into some of the child prims of the furniture on which you're having difficult sitting -- doesn't matter which prims.  Just use Edit-Linked Parts and drop this into chair legs or whatever.   It will then delete itself after setting a dummy sit target and then, with luck, you should find you can sit on stuff.

• Like 1

Anthony if you are using a surround landscape that shows images off in the distance from or around your sim, that is the culprit,  It says right in the instructions this will limit people from sitting on your sim.  Just remove the surrounding image from your sim, land or home and you should be fine,  Frogman Firegrave

I can assure you that solution works *if* you are using an animation system that doesn't use poseballs (e.g. nPose or Perfect Sitter). What system are you using?

From your description it sounds as if you're simply dropping that script into a prim with nothing else there, in which case it's not going to work, but I didn't think that was the OP's problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.