How to make skin for a mesh head.

broadbritney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I want to create my own skin for my catwa bento head but i can't seem to find any tutorial or page on this specific topic. 

How do i make a skin for a mesh head?

I already have photoshop but don't have any knowledge of skin making. 

Please i need some answers!!!! 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, broadbritney said:

Hello,

I want to create my own skin for my catwa bento head but i can't seem to find any tutorial or page on this specific topic. 

How do i make a skin for a mesh head?

I already have photoshop but don't have any knowledge of skin making. 

Please i need some answers!!!! 

Thank you.

the same as you make one for a standard avatar, only need the applier kit from the specific brand to create the applier after you made the texture

• Like 1

To understand the mapping of skins in Second Life, I suggest that you download Eloh Elliot's Starlight skins. The original links on her site no longer work, but they have been re-uploaded here (scroll down a bit for them, and lots of other useful links). These are old skins (from 2009) that Eloh released in full permission format for the SL community to use on the system avatar, but they're a good base on which to begin constructing your own skin. You can then use the Catwa developer's kit to turn these into appliers.

For other information relating to skin creation - including links to tutorials - check out the replies to this post (which asked the same question as you've asked here) in the Building and Texturing sub-forum.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.