Requesting New Multi Quote Feature

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The 'MultiQuote' button (the plus sign) will add multiple quotes into the reply box, but it adds the full post as quoted text.  There is also the ability to highlight part of a post and quote it.  We'd like a combination of those two functions.  Highlight portions of multiple posts and have all of the highlighted parts added as quoted text into the reply box.  

I realize this is likely something that you'll need to ask the Forum software company for, but it has already been requested and possibly just needs more customer requests to get it added.  The forum post I found that is requesting what we woudl like is here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434473-selectively-multiquotes-like-xenforo/?tab=comments#comment-2667784

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The 'MultiQuote' button (the plus sign) will add multiple quotes into the reply box, but it adds the full post as quoted text.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

reply box.  

I am not understanding. It seems to work for me. I did not click the plus sign.

Edited by Pamela Galli

Yes, we can highlight more than one part of a post, and quote them, but they each have to be done individually. What Lil wants is the ability to highlight more then part of a post together, and then quote them all.

E.g. highlight a part of a post, hold shift or ctrl down (so that the first highlighted part rermains highlighted) while highlighting another part of the post, or of any other post, then click the quote floater and have them all appear as quotes in the Reply box.

The + button is used to quote whole posts, not part of posts. The + associated with multiple posts can be clicked to have them quoted. I don't see what the difference is between the + and the 'Quote'. They both quote the whole post in the Reply box. The + waits for the final command before it quotes them, and 'Quote' quotes each one as it is clicked.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Multiple highlighting can't normally be done in Windows either.

29 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

i don't understand about quoting the whole post, I can quote just the parts I highlight -- on my iPad.

It's the + button that quotes the whole post, even if only a part has been highlighted. It's the 'Quote this' floater that's used to quote highlighted parts - one at a time. Quoting multiple highlighted parts with one click of the 'Quote this' floater, is what is being asked for.

Reading the other end of the link that Lil posted will probably make it clearer.

Or to put it another way - no you can't do it, with your iPad, Pam :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.