Genesis Lab Mesh Head/Neck Issues

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm no noob when it comes to mesh heads, including Bento. I have more than several of them, although I wear Lelutka's Simone nearly always.  I swap out others mostly only for photo shoots.

I'm now playing around with the Genesis Lab Sopie head which was is a recent Gatcha.  Love her look, it has that "feels like me" appearance which is how I also feel about the Simone head, but can not get the neck color to seamlessly match the color of the head.

I am using Genesis appliers for my Maitreya body with the matching head skin color.  I've tried using the Lara HUD neck fix, to no avail.  To my eye it's ridiculously unmatched.  I've also tried using other skin such as Pumac. 

I know lighting can help and I've tried all the Windlights which tend not to cast shadows, this does not work either.

Any other tips/tricks?  Other than wearing a turtleneck shirt all the time?  I know this isn't just a problem I'm having as I've read others complain about it also.

I'm not familiar with female skins, but one thing that springs to mind is: were the head and body appliers released at roughly the same time? It may be that the head is an older (or newer) one, and it matches an older (or newer) set of skin appliers - assuming the creator may have updated one or other set more recently.

Failing that, it's probably worth contacting the creator and including a couple of snapshots from different angles to show the issue, and ask if there's a fix available - either in the form of a neck fade or an update to the appliers.

You might also try getting the demo of another female body which you have Genesis appliers for (Slink would probably be the best option) and see if the join is still visible there. If it's not, then there's a slim chance the Genesis creator has possibly uploaded Slink textures into the Maitreya body applier HUD. (It's highly unlikely, given that they're probably mapped differently, but I've seen stranger things happen!)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

So I looked up info on your head and found Berry's post from awhile back:

https://strawberrysingh.com/2017/04/27/genesis-lab-sofie-bento-mesh-head/

It sounds like from your OP that you are using supposedly matching skin tones by Genesis -- one for your head and one for your body. If that is true, then you have likely done the best you can -- at least with genesis skins. I have found (not with Genesis) that all "matching" head and body appliers do not necessarily match even when they are supposedly made to.  The colors around the neck may have started out as the same RGB but in the painting got changed --- hence no matching.

So of course always try the demo (hard in a gacha for sure). My only suggestion would be to try some other skins from folks that make Geneisis head appliers and of course demo the skin for Lara also. Then you "should" in the best of all possible worlds be able to find one that seamlessly matches.   Lumae had some genesis skins at one point and that is the brand I currently wear partly because she is very careful with that neck area. So that might be a place to start. Sure there are others. 

The changing Windlight setting is not a fix except for pictures and I have never been able to get that to work anyway. YOU are the only one seeing the skin in that light. So you need a skin and head set applier that will look good in ANY light.

Good luck!  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'm not familiar with female skins, but one thing that springs to mind is: were the head and body appliers released at roughly the same time? It may be that the head is an older (or newer) one, and it matches an older (or newer) set of skin appliers - assuming the creator may have updated one or other set more recently.

Failing that, it's probably worth contacting the creator and including a couple of snapshots from different angles to show the issue, and ask if there's a fix available - either in the form of a neck fade or an update to the appliers.

You might also try getting the demo of another female body which you have Genesis appliers for (Slink would probably be the best option) and see if the join is still visible there. If it's not, then there's a slim chance the Genesis creator has possibly uploaded Slink textures into the Maitreya body applier HUD. (It's highly unlikely, given that they're probably mapped differently, but I've seen stranger things happen!)

Thanks Skell. 

You may be right about the dates appliers were created. I don't think they have been updated in a while. Writing the creator is a great idea - which I'll do for sure.

I also have a Belleza mesh body, pretty old though so I'll go over and see it it's been updated. I liked Maitreya more so haven't used in in at least a year.  I do have to say the male Belleza is really nice, so maybe the female body has been upgraded since purchased.

Fairly sure I have a TMP also (possibly a Slink as well) so I'll see what happens with those also.

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I looked up info on your head and found Berry's post from awhile back:

https://strawberrysingh.com/2017/04/27/genesis-lab-sofie-bento-mesh-head/

It sounds like from your OP that you are using supposedly matching skin tones by Genesis -- one for your head and one for your body. If that is true, then you have likely done the best you can -- at least with genesis skins. I have found (not with Genesis) that all "matching" head and body appliers do not necessarily match even when they are supposedly made to.  The colors around the neck may have started out as the same RGB but in the painting got changed --- hence no matching.

So of course always try the demo (hard in a gacha for sure). My only suggestion would be to try some other skins from folks that make Geneisis head appliers and of course demo the skin for Lara also. Then you "should" in the best of all possible worlds be able to find one that seamlessly matches.   Lumae had some genesis skins at one point and that is the brand I currently wear partly because she is very careful with that neck area. So that might be a place to start. Sure there are others. 

The changing Windlight setting is not a fix except for pictures and I have never been able to get that to work anyway. YOU are the only one seeing the skin in that light. So you need a skin and head set applier that will look good in ANY light.

Good luck!  

Thank you also Chic. Gotta love Berry for having answers to everything!

I'm going to take your advice to search out other skins for Genesis.  I used to have several, but had tossed them into the trash since they were a bit on the older side.  

As for the Windlight, I am using these other heads primarily for photo purposes, not walking around socializing so I can manage to correct it with editing but obviously would prefer if it just looked right from the start!

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Update - picked up one of YS&YS appliers. They are one of my favorites, so I already had the body appliers. The one I got is for the Eva head, but looks great on the Sofie.  Neck is perfect and the skin is gorgeous. 

Great! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.