ABUSE REPORT DUDES

6Arashi9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all~~~~ :) I want to know what can I do even if I actually did an abuse report on second life because in my case in world the person who harassed me made an alter account with almost the same name or similar to mine and wrote in his or her profile defaming things pointing to my account so now my dude is if  here is a way to report an account to be completely deletedI really feel annoyed and indignant about what that person has put in his or her profile pointing towards mine as a permanent form of harassing me too ...  I accept suggestions  please if someone can help with a tip, I will appreciate and thank you very much~~~~ in legal way of course ^  ^  Thanks to all the people who took the time to read my case.

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, 6Arashi9 said:

Hi all~~~~ :) I want to know what can I do even if I actually did an abuse report on second life because in my case in world the person who harassed me made an alter account with almost the same name or similar to mine and wrote in his or her profile defaming things pointing to my account so now my dude is if  here is a way to report an account to be completely deletedI really feel annoyed and indignant about what that person has put in his or her profile pointing towards mine as a permanent form of harassing me too ...  I accept suggestions  please if someone can help with a tip, I will appreciate and thank you very much~~~~ in legal way of course ^  ^  Thanks to all the people who took the time to read my case.

the only thing you can do is report and report again if he makes alts.

also: totally ignore that other person, mute/derender/ban, do NOT respond, in no way, keep silent

You have no influence on the result of a AR, LL will investigate and decide. You will not get the outcome of the case.

( perhaps also nicer you don't use "dudes"... it's kinda offending for some cultures)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

if the person who is harassed me have different names or different avatars, reporting it over and over again will work??? for be honest I dislike the fact that I can not do more than that ... but I can understand why you say it ~~~ thanks for your answer !

Exactly as @Alwin Alcott stated, I would just say ignore this person entirely. Trolls only feed on attention. If you ignore them, they'll get bored and move on to the next person. Keep using the Abuse Reports but other than that, ignore them. I know that's easier said than done, but it should help this person leave you alone for good.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Hello 6Arashi9 and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience in Second Life. :( There are a couple of ways you can deal with the situation, some of which has already been highlighted by your fellow residents:

• Consider using the Block/Mute feature. The Second Life viewer, as well as all Third Party Viewers, has the ability to block/mute other residents. This will not only prevent you from seeing what they are saying, both in public and private chat, but will also completely block their avatar so you will not see them at all. 
  • If you are a land owner, adding their account to the ban list of your land will also prevent them from accessing your personal space. 
  • If you feel that the person is following you from place-to-place, it may be that you are visiting your regular locations and the person knows this. 
  • If you are using a Third Party Viewer, you may wish to make sure that RLV is not enabled, as this can allow a person to track your location as well (the location for turning that off is different depending upon the viewer, and you will need to access that specific viewer's documentation for further assistance in this regard). 
  • If, after the above methods, the resident continues to harass you, please file an abuse report under Harassment - Verbal Abuse and provide us with as much detail as possible—including as complete a list as possible of accounts used in the situation—so that we can better review the report. 

We also have a handy Knowledge Base article to help guide you through the Abuse Reporting process. You may find this here: 

I hope these tips help you! :) Happy future adventures through Second Life!

Edited by Ami Linden
  • Like 7

Thank you all for the answers, I will have it in mind although now I feel a little discontent with having to keep reporting  ^  ^u  I will have to work on ignoring that kind of people .... again thanks to all~~~~

Just now, 6Arashi9 said:

Thank you all for the answers, I will have it in mind although now I feel a little discontent with having to keep reporting  ^  ^u  I will have to work on ignoring that kind of people .... again thanks to all~~~~

You should only need to report as long as they continue to harass you. When they realize they're not getting a rise out of you, they'll move on and you wont need to report anymore. <3

• Like 1

I will follow the blocking guide to avoid future complications if they continue to harass me, thanks again for the quick response and the help I appreciate you taking your time to answer me, thanks for the guide again & have a good day or night everyone ^^ /

@Ami Linden It's news to me that RLV has any functionality that enables tracking, other than indirectly.

A tracking script is contained an object worn by the avatar being tracked.   The script uses standard LSL calls to monitor when the avatar moves from one region to another and then IMs or emails the avatar who set up the tracker in the first place.   That's all standard LSL.   All that RLV brings to the party is that it can make the attachment impossible to remove unless you first turn off RLV.

So I think the advice I would give to the OP is not to wear any attachments given to them by the person they suspect of tracking them (or by one of his friends).   

I think your point about stalkers knowing your regular locations is a good one,   Most of us are creatures of habit, and certainly anyone who knows me at all well can probably find me easily enough if I'm online simply by looking in three or four of my regular haunts.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.