My account nickname keeps vanishing

Otharious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every time i set my account nickname it keeps vanishing when i log in again.

I seen people with really fancy nicknames but I cant have one?

This is what i have attempted to use with no luck!

????????? ???? ?????

It works when i set it, but after relog its gone.  Then i have to wait bloody 6+ days to try again......

3 answers to this question

Unicode characters in display names can cause problems. They're also a hassle for everyone else because they're often difficult to read and people can't find them using SL's search functions because nobody knows how to type them in. Hosts and hostesses at clubs hate them for that very reason. There's no way to type "Hello ????????? ???? ?????" because keyboards don't have those characters. That forces people to look at your username, run to your profile, copy your display name and then return to chat. That's a surefire way to send yourself to the back of the queue at clubs.

I recommend using plain old text.

• Like 3

There are fonts and words that are banned. I do not know of any list of the banned fonts and words. Display names with any of those will reset. 

If you use plan text and it resets, then you need to contact support. A little digging in the forum shows some 2011 problems where this problem was happening to others.

Additional 'official' information is here: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/usernames-and-display-names-r79/Section_.2

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.