Physics, and Especially Boob Physics.

Ryco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One thing that's become apparent, and ironically was noticed when everyone I know was chattering about their boob physics and how great they were, although I couldn't really tell.  Was, that when I had a different window open, all of a sudden I saw the boob physics.  Have my firestorm window as the current window.  No real boob physics.

So.. I'm really not sure how to fix this, because it's very likely, that I am missing a tonne of physics I normally would see because of this.

Does anyone have any suggestions? And yes I have the most up to date version of my viewer

Yeah this is a known problem.
How you see avatar physics on your screen depends very much on your current FPS in the viewer - generally if you have very high FPS you may not see much bounce from avatar physics.  If you have very low FPS, you'll see the boobs flapping about like a beached whale & it looks really silly.

When you had a different window open, the viewer will have been taken out of focus, which dramatically reduces the viewer FPS - that FPS reduction when the viewer is out of focus is expected.

There are bug reports filed about the FPS problem here:
LL JIRA: VWR-25545 - Avatar Physics' calculation needs to be improved
Firestorm JIRA: FIRE-12386 - Avatar Physics' calculation needs to be improved

There is a workaround you can use on Firestorm as in your case I suspect your FPS is too high, rather then too low.
Note that this workaround will not work on the LL viewer as LL removed the ability to cap FPS.

On Firestorm, Preferences -> Graphics -> Rendering.
Tick "Limit FPS" and try setting the value to 60 or 30.
FPS of 30 or 60 seem to be the sweet spots where avatar physics will display correctly.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.