Partical Bomb Harassment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometime this morning some jerk planted a partical bomb on an adjacent lot which is under The Governor Linden's control and its releasing an endless stream of what appears to be a variation of the norwegian flag! It is polluting my space and interfering with my ability to sell several lots I own. 

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Farthington Whetmore wrote:

I think it is very important for the Govenor to change the settings of land "under maintenance" to prevent object entry, build, and script running in order to mitigate this kind of behaivor.

by the sounds of things this plot is an abandoned parcel of land these all revert to Gov Linden ownership they retain the land perms left by the owner at time of abandoning at some point the land eventually goes to auction 18months wouldn't be unheard of even years in the mean time if someone can get an object on the land they can 'squat' there 

Farthington Whetmore wrote:

I found the object!  It is a rapidily spinning box created by WierdLazy1.  I have filed an abuse complaint but I think it is very important for the Govenor to change the settings of land "under maintenance" to prevent object entry, build, and script running in order to mitigate this kind of behaivor.

Turning off object entry & scripts doesn't work fully and would do more harm than good, as you'd end up with aircraft, vehicles, etc jammed into the bad parcel options.  Setting autoreturn is normally all that's needed to keep the land clear, and something that's being worked on for newly abandoned land.

Support have been getting much better at responding to these problems recently.  You've done the right thing by submitting an AR, but if it doesn't get the object removed quickly, contact Live Chat and ask them to escalate the issue for you

Has the problem actually been solved through the implementation of autoreturn on that parcel, or was it a one-time return?

I am an officer for a group with the same problem, and even though multiple ARs mentioned that the parcel permissions were not as they should be, the only thing that ever happened was a return- whenever the items were returned, times ranges from "within the day" to "four days later". (Sometimes, just a ban of the account, not even return, meaning that you couldn't even send another AR as the account didn't exist anymore. Superbly handled.)

And all they would need is to set the autoreturn...

A friend of mine who is also has a free account on LotR Online keeps raving about how good their customer service is, with response often within minutes, or seconds...

I do agree that ARs are often not handled quickly enough and sometimes not handled properly.  That said, I do feel that it's been getting much better of late, just has a bit to go before it can be considered good.  Michael, in particular, has been excellent about responding quickly and turning on autoreturn for LDPW parcels when I've asked for it via a support ticket, but LDPW are not responsible for abandonments.

You can still submit ARs about objects owned by banned accounts.  If you open the report by right-clicking the object and selecting return, it should pop the name of the banned account in automatically.  Alternatively, LL usually advise using "Governor Linden" as the name of the abuser if you either don't know or can't select the name of the real abuser.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.