Why can I not upload my sound files?

Duldee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I make all my sound files in Audacity. They are less than 10 seconds. They are saved as .wav files. They are 44.1k. I checked all the requirements and made sure I was doing everything correctly, and I am, but SL keeps telling me I'm not using a supported file. I've tried this on both the Second Life and Firestorm viewers and on different computers. No difference at all. Please help.

Edit: The file I'm uploading is 2 1/2 seconds longs and it saves as WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM

2 answers to this question

That's odd.  As long as the files really are WAV 44.1k sound files and they are less than 10 seconds long, they should upload.  Mine do.  In fact, I just uploaded one that I had tweaked in Audacity.  To be on the safe side, I have always interpreted "less than 10 seconds" to be "no longer that about 9.7 seconds", but that's a purely personal interpretation.  Double check the file format that you are exporting.  More than once, I have thought that I was uploading a WAV file, only to find that Audacity was still set to export the MP3 format that I was using the last time I had it open.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.