What exactly is bento?

BrassRebel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL added "bones" to the SL avatar that allow mesh makers and animators more freedom to animate parts of the body that they never could before, such as fingers, and mesh heads.  They can also make much more realistic furry and animal avatars too.  Here is the official December announcement and more info about all this:https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Project-Bento-Live-on-the-Grid/ba-p/3084426

All avatars have them now but you must have Bento rigged mesh body parts or a body and bento animations to take advantage of this.  This change was just introduced a short time ago and while there are some things out there you can buy, creators are still introducing a lot more options.  So whether you take the plunge now or wait for a bigger and possibly better selection is up to you.  Not everyone likes mesh bodies and heads so don't feel like you'll be the only one around if you don't.

In addition to Amethyst's spot on description, I recommend playing with some bento demos to see if they feel right to you. You can get free demos for Vista's bento hands and for various Bento heads (LeLutka and Catwa being the two most popular currently). You can play around with the demos on your own character and see if you enjoy the products.

Not fair. I try to read everything on the forum and whatever site people tell about there. But it is still hard. 

Found a place with 3 shapes for Bento. It looks great, got them. I understand the part the part that you need a Bentohead to look like the pictures posted. But I was dumb enough to think even without a Bentohead my ava would look great.... Well it  looked really really stupid. 

People who start Sl and don't get Rezzing....  I understand... SL is hard at the start if you don't have the right help... Telling people who try to make their ava better to use search just doesn't help.  No attack, just saying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.