recreating Alchemy viewer "shoulder view" in FS with debug settings?

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I use the Alchemy viewer becuase I believe the UI and general layout of it is far superior to the rest.  You may disagree and that's ok, but this isn't about that.  

Since Alchemy does not yet support Bento (coming soon I think), and I have a Bento head I've been using Firestorm instead but the one thign I really, really, miss and almost can't do without is the "shoulder view" from Alchemy.  In FS your camera is about 15 metres behind you and above.  You can switch to front view, but there is no shoulder view as in Alchemy.  

Now I know that I can go into the Debug settings and change the default camera ocation and angle in FS, but I have no idea how to figure out the actual settings, numbers, etc. 

Does anyone out there know what numbers to plug in exactly?  

Sylvia 

I've not used Alchemy but Black Dragon also has the same lower camera setting. I copied the numbers and then put them in the debug settings. I wrote them down on a notecard for my future reference.

The default camera angle, courtesy of the SL viewer, is the reason why we have such tall avis and 10 meter walls. The camera angle causes the avi to appear forshortened and walls have to be taller and rooms larger to accomodate the camera angle. 

Edited to add that these are the settings I use:

Go to Debug Settings

CameraOffsetRearView
X: -2.5
Y: 0.1
Z: -0.4
FocusOffsetRearView
X: 0.225
Y: 0.275
Z: 0.400

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.