[HELP] Owner selling gacha on marketplace

Gageisgone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ummmm... what you're saying is that you're trying to sell prizes from your own gachas on MP?

I do believe gacha creators who want to cash in a little bit extra on the resell market try to be a bit discreet about it because some people may object to it and insist it's not gacha at all. A substantial amount of the sales thrugh a gacha machine is to resellers and once they find out you are seling the same items yourself on MP, they're sure to stay well away from your machines. Two ways to do it in secret is to cooperate with an established gacha reseller or create your own gacha reseller alt.

However, if you think it's a good idea to openly offer the same items on MP as you do in your gachas, the easy way is to set the permission to no copy and specify a limited number on the listing setup page. The slightly trickier way is to send a full perm copy to an alt and then tansfer no copy ones back to your main.

Also note that if you or an alt make a whole store of nothing but your gacha itmes --- well it doesn't take a reocket scientist. So you may need to actually GO into the gacha resale business to "cover your tracks".

That sounds like WAAAAAAAY too much work for me. LOL

Gageisgone wrote:

Well I make trading cards. So I would offer them around same pricem except higher rarity packs for a little more. So pay for better chance in other words

Ok. I don't see anything "wrong" about doing it that way but it is a bit risky. Gacha is very much about collecting and I believe that for many collectors the hunt is an important aspect. It simply isn't that exciting when you know you can just go to the creator's store and buy the things directly.

But it's your choice and for that you definitely want to go for the limited sales specified in the listing form option.

Chic Aeon wrote:

Also note that if you or an alt make a whole store of nothing but your gacha itmes --- well it doesn't take a reocket scientist. So you may need to actually GO into the gacha resale business to "cover your tracks".

That sounds like WAAAAAAAY too much work for me. LOL

Yes, the first option, cooperating with a known gacha reseller is probably easier although then of course you'll have to split the profit.

The third option is of course to get together with a few other gacha resellers. One of them opens a gacha resell store and everybody sell through it, each getting the income from the items he/she contributed.

A fourth option, if you can't find anybody you trust well enough: same scenario only with several gacha creator alts.

All these ways of "cheating" are of course very obvious and potentially quite lucrative and I'm sure lots of people have thought of them. But I've always wondered: is anybody actually doing it?

It's super super shady in my opinion and completely kills the value of the gacha they are selling, but there is so many gacha creators across the grid now that I almost guarantee that some if not lots of them do those things you mentioned. There is also nothing we can really do about it.. This is mostly why I just stopped buying gachas entirely.

thimblemunch wrote:

It's super super shady in my opinion and completely kills the value of the gacha they are selling

If I understand correctly, Gageisgone is planning to be open about it and that's not shady of course.

Apart from that, MP and SL is a free, unregulated, out of control market and compared to many other things that go on, it's downright angelic. ;)

thimblemunch wrote:

but there is so many gacha creators across the grid now that I almost guarantee that some if not lots of them do those things you mentioned.

Yes but it's still just an assumption. I guess we'll never know for sure unless somebody accidentally admits they're doing it.

I do notice one thing though: I know at least three gacha creators that are much less visible on the resell market than one should expect - fairly well known and popular brands, making the right kind of things and participating in major gacha events, non-gacha items quite popular and collectable - and still you don't see their works for sale second hand very often. Maybe it's because they are the ones who don't do that kind of things? Or maybe not; there are other plausible explanations.

Come to think of it, "fake" gacha listing may perhaps explain the extensive keyword spamming some gacha resellers use. I find it hard to believe that all those irrrelevant search results generate enough sales to be worth the effort for the seller but they sure are free advertising for the creator.

For the sake of completeness, here's a variant of the method: Make some "fake" gacha listings at unrealistically high prices. You probably won't sell much on MP that way but it is still free advertising and it'll fool genuine resellers and others into believing your items have higher market value than they actually have.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/173719?

See the thing about it is by making them no copy I am able to create multiple stock folders with random cards.

so its still random. and these items are limited as well. 

Seems like most think that im just directly selling the products, but I think this way there is still chance involved unless you just outright buy all the available

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.