Ava sends out masses of notecards

Auegler Xaris

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

my avatar sends out masses of notecards. I did not create them. What can I do? Of course all the other inhabitants are upset because they do not get one notecard but a mass of notecards.

I just inspected my inventory and cleared everything I do not need. But this does not help.

Maybe it´s a kind of robot I startet by mistake but how can I find this robot?

Paradoxically I send these notecards to myself. I can block receiving this notecards but this doesn´t stop sending notecards to other inhabitant.

Can you please help me.

Best regards

Auegler Xaris

2 answers to this question

You can always see where a message (including a notice about an incoming inventory offering) comes from. Just open your chat window and look at the start of the message line, which will tell you the name of the sender.  Right click on that and you will see where the sender is.

You'll find that the sender of those notecards is an object that you own (or -- less likely -- one that is spoofing you).  It's either attached to you or it's somewhere where you have had permission to rez objects. So, either start detaching objects from yourself or go hunting for the rezzer at the spot where the chat window told you to look.

• Like 1

Are these messages (I think they are probably IMs, not "notecards") offering to give something to the recipient?  Do the messages only get sent to people when they are in a particular region?

If so, you may have rezzed the ExDepart griefing object, or one of its variants.  See this link for ways to track it down and remove it: https://modemworld.me/2012/11/20/l4l-gestures-walkers-freebies-3-griefing-object/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.