Do you volunteer your time?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't officially volunteer but I will always help wherever I can. I will give lindens if someone is upset or in trouble and doesn't specifically ask for them. But.....

Oh..:matte-motes-bashful:

My.. :matte-motes-zipped:

God.. spoiler.gif

I just realised Hippie, I met you waaay way before Hippestock at the Island you help at! ;o I didn't actually need any help but we and a lady friend of yours had a very pleasant conversation for some ten minutes or so. I remember it like yesterday and it was at least two years ago. I distinctly thought at the time..wow! how cool a Hippie!

Maryanne Solo wrote:

I don't officially volunteer but I will always help wherever I can. I will give lindens if someone is upset or in trouble and doesn't specifically ask for them. But.....

Oh..:matte-motes-bashful:

My.. :matte-motes-zipped:

God..
spoiler.gif

I just realised Hippie, I met you waaay way before Hippestock at the Island you help at! ;o I didn't actually need any help but we and a lady friend of yours had a very pleasant conversation for some ten minutes or so. I remember it like yesterday and it was at least two years ago. I distinctly thought at the time..wow! how cool a Hippie!

Ahh yes!  I have meet so many people at Help People Island.  And I do remember you too!  We did have a great conversation.  HEHEH!  Oh yes!  Tired Old Hippies can help too huh!?  Thank you Maryanne for all you do in helping others!  Far out!

Peace!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Still doing what I been doing.  (^_^)y

Former Second Life Mentor. (
^_^
)

NCI: Land Officer, Instructor(Paid), Event Host(Paid), Mall Manager, Infonode Senior LO. (
^_^
)

Member of other RHN groups: Builder's Brewery, Mental Mentors and Mentor's Lounge along with the non-RHN Mentors Gone Wild group. (
^_^
)

I generally have a rotation of infohubs I visit... If they want me or not. =^-^=

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

Still doing what I been doing.  (
^_^
)y

Former Second Life Mentor. (
^_^
)

NCI: Land Officer, Instructor(Paid), Event Host(Paid), Mall Manager, Infonode Senior LO. (
^_^
)

Member of other RHN groups: Builder's Brewery, Mental Mentors and Mentor's Lounge along with the non-RHN Mentors Gone Wild group. (
^_^
)

I generally have a rotation of infohubs I visit... If they want me or not. =^-^=

Very cool Immy!

Peace!

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I volunteer in real life all the time (I require it of my kids too)  Between the 4 of us we logged in over 1000 hours last year.  I am volunteering for the first time in SL for the SL9B events coming up.  Sounds like a fun time!

YAY! Cinn!  Thanks for all you do to help other people!

Peace!

when i am in helpy mood i just do the linden public WAs

dont do the infohubs/places run by other residents

dont belong to any helpy groups

+

quite often i just end up directing traffic. where/how to find stuff they interested in. dont get into any moral debates with people. if they ask a question then i just answer it. whatever it is

+

probably the hardest experience for a new person is when they a non-english speaker and end up at a WA. so i try help them a bit more. like take them to a place where they can meet people who is same language as them

+

and new people who wants to go shopping. freebies, buybies if they got own money. i <3 shopping. even just windowshopping (:

except shopping for adult content. i dont help people do that. bc of my name. it can make other people at them shops uncomfortable. is not good that

if people ask me where they can get AC then am happy to tell/show them how to use the Search to find for themselfs

16 wrote:

when i am in helpy mood i just do the linden public WAs

dont do the infohubs/places run by other residents

dont belong to any helpy groups

+

quite often i just end up directing traffic. where/how to find stuff they interested in. dont get into any moral debates with people. if they ask a question then i just answer it. whatever it is

+

probably the hardest experience for a new person is when they a non-english speaker and end up at a WA. so i try help them a bit more. like take them to a place where they can meet people who is same language as them

+

and new people who wants to go shopping. freebies, buybies if they got own money. i <3 shopping. even just windowshopping (:

except shopping for adult content. i dont help people do that. bc of my name. it can make other people at them shops uncomfortable. is not good that

if people ask me where they can get AC then am happy to tell/show them how to use the Search to find for themselfs

Oh cool 16.  Thank you for helping others!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.