Equipping freebies from the market

oakktree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi(: So I'm new to this and all. I'm having trouble with the appearence editor and all together anyway, but I've gotten a few freebies from the market, like hair, and it comes up as an object. When I try to equip it, it turns into a giant sign. I'm not quite getting how to make the item work.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

4 answers to this question

It might be that it's in a "box" too. That means the actual hair is inside another object (what you call the sign). Drag it from your inventory and drop it on the ground then right-click and Open it. (On Viewer 2.x there's a different procedure, but I don't know what that is.)

If it is a box, you'll need to copy it to your Inventory then wear the actual hair (and usually a bald cap too).

It's also possible that you are buying boxed items and have been wearing the boxes instead of unpacking them. Find a nice sandbox or somewhere else where you are allowed to rez objects, drag your purchase from inventory to the ground, right click on it, and select OPEN.  When you do that, the object's contents will be transferred or copied to folders in your inventory, ready to wear. Remember to take or delete the box when you are finished, instead of leaving it around.

Oh .... To find a sandbox, use your Search function (upper right corner of the screen if you are using the V2 viewer) to look for the keyword "Sandbox".  You'll find loads of them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.