Second Life Marketplace Not Delivering.

Rasthalin1488303391

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I have already checked my order history. The item I have bought just an hour ago said it was delivered. I checked in game but sadly, it is no where to be found. It is not in my inventory either :( I do hope it will deliver sometimes, as long as I know it will get to me at a time. Just worries me that it said it was delivered, but isn't in game... Anyone know the issue? I am aware of the other problems people are getting in the Second Life Marketplace at the moment.

Rasthalin wrote:

Ok, I have already checked my order history. The item I have bought just an hour ago said it was delivered. I checked in game but sadly, it is no where to be found. It is not in my inventory either
:(
I do hope it will deliver sometimes, as long as I know it will get to me at a time. Just worries me that it said it was delivered, but isn't in game... Anyone know the issue? I am aware of the other problems people are getting in the Second Life Marketplace at the moment.

Drop a notecard with your transaction number details into the Merchants Inventory slot or IM them. Hope this helps.

It's a full time job interjecting perspective at times.

Might want to tone this down a bit. For nearly every thread that says there are delivery problems, others report very few, so you actually don't know the failure rate. At one point I believe at the worst of it, a Linden reported a 5% delivery failure. Since then, that has decreased.

We have claims of delivery failures nearly every day with Hippo networked vendors and this is not a bad system.

A few times a week we have reports of people not getting their items with items in a very low lag region with plain old boxes set for sale.

I have had errors on eBay, Amazon and other shopping sites.

While there are delivery failures, some of them are not actual failures but due to delays, so give those time before you claim "failure", rather than delay.

But bottom line is that there is no such thing as a perfect delivery system. Not glossing delivery errors over, or saying that they don't need work, but without knowing that number, it's possible that you're overstating the problem.

Edited to also point to Suella's explanation which is also more fact based and quite good: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/10-Item-Limit-on-Shopping-Cart/m-p/797165#M2158

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

1. Make sure you're logged into SL when you buy - if your offline messages are capped it vanishes into the ether.

2. Some deliveries have been stupidly slow in the last day or so - up to half an hour

3. Dartagan - just don't even try... really...

Yeah he is up to his old tricks again... and as you can see... my postings on this thread were deleted for giving 10 reasons why Shoppers should shop inworld rather than on SLM.  LOL So exactly how is that an offence to the TOS that one encourages shoppers to buy inworld??

We see whos back in action again... good thing he cannot block my recent Blog entry on the topic.

WHAT TO DO:

1) Open a paid alt account on the premise that if you actually pay for SL, it HAS TO WORK.

2) Move all your merchanidise to the paid account and sell it through the paid account.

3) When it still doesn't work, move all the merchandise back to your free account and cancel the paid account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.