Animating mesh objects?

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

UUID flipping is not allowed and requests for it are strongly resisted by the developers on performance grounds. You can get a mock animation by texture animation which sequentially hides parts of the mesh with tranparency. This can be a frame-type animation, which means restricted resolution, or by swapping textures on faces (as I have done only the first I can't be certain of the second).

• 1 year later...

They are mesh but the armatures are faked like in sculpted prims.

Try doing this... do a search for Transformers Beast Wars. The reason is due to the fact they use this very same trick you are seeing performed in SL with Mesh.  So to answer your question yes it is real, but poorly done at best. No different than using sclpts except with the possibility to use more detail... which sadly there is a lack of understanding amongst creators using mesh; stating that SL does not need that much detail. **shakes head... But thats a discussion for another forum.xD

Make SL beautiful!!!

Enable Animated Mesh!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

i saw another post about trees and wind animation with mesh but same thing, no Havok Build tools to support like a "mockup" avatar to put a body on :( so no NPC toons are possible, but i am guessing if they ever actually did a copy and paste (yes) of the avatar code and made a second for non avatar use, it would probobly count against the sim avatar count also, and so on and so forth, but premade bone sets would be a great start for those into moving stuff :D lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.