How to cancel a payment and be reimbursed?

QueenFendi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased a Premium Membership just yesterday for my Second Life account. I also bought some "Linden Dollars" But unfortuantly I didn't enjoy the game much at all, It was the first time I started playing and I am just wondering if it is possible to get my money back since Ive only had his account for a day?

2 answers to this question

Hi, QueenFendi!

First of all, I'm sorry you haven't found Second Life to be enjoyable.  Before you decide to leave though, you may want to give it a bit more time.  SL does have a bit of a learning curve and you may find that you do like it, once you're more familiar with it.

Second, your problem may be in thinking of SL as a "game."  It isn't!  Second Life is a "platform", an entire virtual world.  Like real life, SL is what you make of it.  There aren't any rules or quests or levels as there are in "games."  Instead, YOU decide where you want to go, and what you want to do.  

You can find groups of people with whom you share an interest.  You can learn to create things, and go into business selling your creations to others.  You can find music and dancing and entertainment to enjoy.  SL is as diverse and rich as real life, but (like real life) it isn't handed to you on a platter.

Third...you don't need a Premium membership to have fun in SL.  Lots of people get by for years with just a free Basic membership.  You don't need Linden Dollars ($L) either...but if you want some, you can buy them with a credit card or PayPal account without having to be a Premium member.  I recommend you do NOT go Premium until you decide that you plan to stay a while.

But, you already did!  So, what can you do about that?  You will not get a refund, sorry.  You can use your Premium benefits (a free home, a weekly payment of $L300, and other things) for the period you've paid for.  A few days before that period expires, if you no longer want to be a Premium member, downgrade your account back to Basic.  If you don't, your payment method will be billed automatically and your membership renewed.  Here are the instructions for how to downgrade: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477#Section_.7.1

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.