OpenCollar Remote: How to get its menu?

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seek to understand how to access OpenCollar Remote:

http://www.opencollar.at/remote.html

On this manual page it states "Then click the Cogwheel button to open the Remote Main Menu". Under what circumstance will this cogwheel appear? Is OpenCollar Remote a plugin user invokes by command?

I have seen this page:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LBMech-OpenCollar-Remote-Contol-System/1309552?

"LB/Mech OpenCollar Remote Contol System
We're sorry, but this item is no longer available"

Was the OpenCollar Remote a LustBaby creation? Does this mean OpenCollar Remote is no longer available?

Unless I'm mistake (which isn't unlikely) you should be able to use chat commands. Using myself as an example, saying in local chat "UR leash" would let you grab my leash. Or "AR leash" would grab yours. The initials of the person being controled, and since we don't have last names, we use Resident. I beleive you can also use /1 and the chat command to make it private and not seen in local chat. You can play with the chat commands to find the command you're looking for, much easier than trying to find and click the little area on the collar or whatever is being worn by a moving avatar. 

Doing a search on the MP for "open collar remote" brought up a couple of pricey huds you can buy, although this is the store from the article you mention, and I don't see a remote on their page. 

What I see at that link is an update for the OpenCollar Remote, but not something that is iteself the OpenCollar Remote.

After reading the online documentation I have come to suspect this is a menu that opens for those that have the owner access level.

agentronin wrote:

After reading the online documentation I have come to suspect this is a menu that opens for those that have the owner access level.

Correcto! It's a remote for folks who already have access to the remotely-linked collar.

Other posters are also correct about the ability to use chat commands with a two-character prefix. For example, since I'm an older account with a surname, my prefix is 'fm' - the command 'fmmenu' shows the main OpenCollar menu from the collar I wear. Provided you have access, of course. ;)

I've seen some of your other OC posts, and while I applaud your determination in trying to figure it out from the written documentation you might have better luck pestering the helpful folks over at Temple of the Collar (the official support point for OpenCollar products) - they can maybe help with practical examples. :)

agentronin wrote:

What I see at that link is an update for the OpenCollar Remote, but not something that is iteself the OpenCollar Remote.

but you didn't actually try it.

if you click on that panel, it delivers you a fresh complete remote HUD, and it doesn't matter if you had one before.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.