Sign in to follow this  
dfactor

Keep getting messages saying we're having trouble connecting to your voice server. The voice service

Question

voice is seperate from sl, and not runnning on LL servers.

It's always been buggy.

If you restarted your connection, modem/router and pc, there's not much others things that help at your side.

Re installing your viewer is doing nothing about this issue.

3 answers to this question

voice is seperate from sl, and not runnning on LL servers.

It's always been buggy.

If you restarted your connection, modem/router and pc, there's not much others things that help at your side.

Re installing your viewer is doing nothing about this issue.

The problem is likely not you. The voice service of SL has been under attack for sometime. Vivox, the people that provide the service, and Linden Lab have been working on the problem. Over the last couple of weeks and this week's server updares the effort has been to change logging and aquire more data on what is happening and to improve recovery and reduce attacks.

The only work-around for now is TP to a new region or relog.

The other possibility is you have a poor connection to the SL or Vivox servers, which is way more specific than having a good general Internet connection. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I thought it was just my viewer too.......I downloaded the newest Firestorm (50527) and each time I log in I get the pop up error about issues with the voice server (Vivox).....I never got this pop up until I downloaded the Firestorm version listed above......

I do ALT, Windows button and F6........then relog and it will come back normally.   I have heard others who have this same issue.    I have tried the TPing to a region to see if that helped and it didn't......still no voice.