How can I totally delete an avatar and replace it How can I totally delete an avatar and replace it

Beverly Tatham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

An avatar, or an account?

Deleting an avatar is like deleting anything else.  You've saved a shape and skin that determine your avatar's appearance.  If you delete those from your inventory, you won't be able to wear them any more.

If you want to delete your account, that's a lot more drastic but surprisingly easy.  If you're a Premium member, read the advice here >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477#Section_.7 If you're a Basic member or have completed the steps to downgrade your premium account, open your dashboard at secondlife.com >> Account >> Delete Account

I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't actually mean either one of those things, but I don't know what it is. If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

If we're talking about the starter avatars provided by Linden Lab, just click the Avatars button in your toolbar (the default position is on the left side at the top, and the button has a symbol of two people on it.)  Choose another avatar from the pictures presented, and poof!  You now look completely different.

Or, in your inventory:  From your Outfits folder, or from Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits, drag an outfit folder and drop it onto your avatar, or right click it and choose Replace Outfit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.