Anyway to find out how long L$ buys will take?

Yoshie551488314285

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

G'day,

Earlier today I bought some L$ through the market buy option I believe it is, the one where it matches your offer to current going rates.

The information at the bottom of that page told me that at the time, there was over L$100,000 available at the rate I offered (L$295 to 1.00USD) but there's still no sign of my L$. Have I read that information wrong? If there's really so much L$ waiting to be sold at that price, I'd assume it shouldn't have taken so long.

2 answers to this question

295 / 1 is most likely not going to happen, that is the most high rate showed on the page... and they start at the lowest...(269 now)

I guess, with current fluctuations, 295/1 won't fill before 2099 ( the year)

If you want your L$ without waiting you have to do a market buy, if you putted in a exchange rate you made a limit buy order.

I think you better cancel your order, (manage button next to the buy button. order history) the money will be put on you USD balance and used for next payment ( automaticly)

• Like 3

That number you are looking at is NOT the amount of $L available at that price.  It's the amount of open buy orders ahead of you in the queue at that offered price.

There are always a few people who are willing to offer to buy or sell at such an outrageous price (compared to the current market rate), just on the off chance that some crazy market swing will result in their order getting filled.  Their money just sits there, month after month, waiting...

Limit buy and limit sell orders are great...they can get you a little bit better deal than you might get if you just bought or sold at the current market price.  But in general, you will have to wait several days, if you pick even the second or third price in the list.  Further down than that, and you'll wait a loooooong time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.