Login Failure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok..i still cant find a good place to post this.i am having login troubles,it seems sl has done away with technical support.i looked in the support portal but there was nothing on login failure.i called billing and they said look at secondlife wiki,that is a crock cause you cant find anything there unless you have 1 month of freetime to search thru everything.i have reloaded sl and even other viers,tried clearing my cache in and out of sl.but i havent found the answer yet.here is the message i keep receiving."We're having trouble connecting.There may be a problem with your internet or the secondlife servers.you can either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes,click help to connect to our support site,or click teleport to teleport home." at the bottom of the message popup it says Ok,Help,Teleport".i have tried all 3 options,none work.i have even turned off my router for a day and tried reconnecting to secondlife the next day..nothing,even though my internet works fine.

Your connection needs debugging.  To do that you disable some things in the meantime:

Remove your router

Turn off all other programs.  Use the Task Manager to turn off non-essential programs running in the background.

Turn off your anti-virus and firewall.

Check your connections with pings to: Secondlife.com and to your default router (use IPCONFIG to your default router address).

If you there is any data loss to the default router, the problem is your connection.

Alt=:smileywink:

• 3 weeks later...

well cleaning the Secondlife cache doesn't help if that is what I think it is.

I have seen that silly message before and this is what I tell you. If you haven't installed or changed firewall or antivirus program in the last month then you can resolve it flushing the DNS cache not the sl cache

clean your sl cache, clean your browser cache and the cache of any program that you might be running

then open your command line console ( in windos type in execute cmd.exe )

there you will type ipconfig /flushdns

Than what you have to do is to restart the pc and restart also your gateway ( if your ip provider allows  you to change ip  do it)

That's it and we'll have you back in world. see you there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.