How to save the statistics from Statistics Panel and Scene Load Statistics in txt or CSV files?

RedEagle87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am interested in studying the QoS (Quality of Service) metrics (like Sim FPS, Total Frame Time ...) of my regions and I want to be able to save or log the statistics given by the Second Life viewer (The ones available in the Advanced Menu, under Performance Tools) into text files or CSV files etc...so they could be fetched to a statistical tool. Probably this could be achieved through a certain way. I don't know. Thanks for useful suggestions and help.

[UPDATE] Just for record (some people might stumble upon this page):

I tried the libopenmetaverse (a C# client side library for Second Life and OpenSim) can be found at https://github.com/openmetaversefoundation/libopenmetaverse and played a litle bit gathering Simulator statistics but with OpenSim. I will do it for Second Life. I could not find till now the statistics on the client side (specific to the client). I know that the server(s) send stats continuously to the client. Lipopenmetaverse is not up-to-date as the Second Life Viewer so this is something to consider.

Major viewers of Second Life (SL Viewer, Firestorm etc...) are all in C++. I am having trouble comipling right now although I studied the c++ source code and it seems all the classes if I am not wrong reside  in newview folder ( lltexturestats.cpp ; llviewerassetstats.cpp, llviewerassetstats.h (header file), llviewerstats.cpp, llviewerstats.h).

It would be nice if someone created a modified viewer for public usage (not too much to modify) that gather QoS metrics and log them in some format that could be fetched to statistical tools (most important). I guess it will be my task to do this.

#Rolig: thanks for the suggestion. I am aware of in-world capabilities of LSL to get some limited taster of QoS stats metrics, I worked previously with such LSL functions (and OSSL functions) but once you involve the script engine it adds performance impact on the results. Not to mention that this method is bound to a certain world and requires the avatar/scripts to have permissions among other things.  What I was looking for is a solution that work in any world at any time.

The whole purpose of the question is to see if there is any easy way till now (maybe a python script, a command line feature of the SL viewer etc...) to save statistical metrics in Second Life Viewer. It seem till now there isn't. Thank you so much for all the replies and suggestions!

3 answers to this question

Some of those stats can be read with LSL functions, specifically llGetRegionFPS, llGetRegionTimeDilation, and the DATA_SIM_STATUS parameter in llRequestSimulatorData .  If you write a simple LSL script to poll the region with a timer and feed results to a storage location -- an off-world server, maybe? -- that will get you some of what you want.  Most of the other data in the Statistics Panel, however, are not accessible with LSL, and are not available for public scrutiny because we do not have access to Linden Lab's servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.