why am I being billed a recurring 10 dollars if I dont have a premium account?

ErynnClover2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Check the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account to see where you are paying L$ out to.  The best guess is that you belong to one or more groups that expect you to pay an equal share of the group's liabilities (expenses)  -- usually for listing a group location in Search.

EDIT:  Ah... wait.... $10 US?  Not L$10?  Then it's not a group liability.  That's a big bill.  You have owned land at some point, and still do.  Amethyst is right.  Check the Land Manager on your dashboard.

• Like 1

Did you at one time own land on the mainland or a Linden house?  If you didn't abandon it or sell it, you will be charged tier for it until you do.

If that is not a possiblity, then call billing to find out.  We are only volunteer residents here no Lindens read this. We have no access to your account records.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

• Like 1

That's weird...if it is exactly as you describe.

Randomly?  Really?  Or is it regularly, on a certain date each month?  

$10 USD?  Exactly?  Or is it $9.50, the amount of a Premium membership?

Or is it $L10, ten LINDEN dollars?  If so, check your Transaction History as Rolig suggested to see where the money is going.

If it's $USD, check the information under My Account on your Dashboard page.  Also check the My Mainland section to see if you still own any land.  However, if you really are NOT a Premium member, you should not be able to own Mainland and should not be getting charged tier.

Once you know which currency is being charged, $L or $USD, and the exact amount, come back and edit your post with the new information.  We'll be able to give you better advice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.