For two months now i appear as a ghost when i log in

ellimay Hazelnut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Have you tried doing a Test Character yet?   In v2 thats Ctrl-Alt Q for Develop menu and then Avatar - Character Tests - Test Male (or Female)   This will usually get rid of the cloud.   The other way is via the Debug Settings.  Ctrl-Alt D for Advanced menu, then Show Debug Settings.  Type RenderUnloadedAvatar into the text window and select TRUE.

--Cinn

• Like 2

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

• Like 1

I've had that. In my case it was a problem between my system (Win7) and my ISP (Alice, an Italian provider) where their connection booster clashed with the Win7 one. It also seriously hampered efforts to upload things to some sites, notably Flickr. In the end the solution was found on the web. I had to deactivate a little something in Win7 via the DOS prompt. Since then i sail smoothly through SL. Things like ghosted avatars are mostly connection problems.

Forget about SL until you solve your connection problems.

Do some diagnostics, like checking ping times to secondlife.com.  And check your own ping to your ISP by pinging your default router.  If you don't get 100% results to your own ISP, then the problem is your own connection such as telephone wires, or your computer itself.  No one in SL can help you if this is the case, which is a lot more common than people think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.