Why has paypal stopped working

Pyro Paragorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't have a credit card so I've always used paypal for my rental. Now I've lost my rental and I'm trying to get it back but paypal isn't working all of the sudden. 

My paypal gets money from my bank account but it also has an empty prepaid credit card attached to it because I remember reading that it needed that to buy L$. It's been like that for a long while and has never caused me any issues.

What should I do? I'd like to have a home again. Haha. 

((Going to add that I am Canadian and have NEVER been able to reach any support phone lines. Never.))

Addition: Okay then why has it worked for years so far and now isn't?

2 answers to this question

The answer to that one hasn't changed.  To be a valid payment method for SL, your account has to be verified (yours is) and has to guarantee instant funds transfer (yours does not).  You can verify a PayPal account for use in SL, but if it is not backed up by a standard credit card (not a debit card or a prepaid card or a bank account) you will have to be very careful to keep a cash balance there.  PayPal can transfer whatever cash is already in your account with them, but it can't get money from a bank account or debit card fast enough to be instantaneous.

• Like 2

Answer to your addition:

As Rolig said, a PayPal account that is "verified" by linking to a Real Life bank account or a debit card WILL work, PROVIDED that you have enough cash actually in the PayPal account balance to cover your charges.  Linden Lab insists on instant payment, and they will not wait several days for money to transfer from your bank account to PayPal to them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.