No feet

Anjolique

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Right click your avatar

Remove clothing

Alpha

We will of course all gather 'round to make sure said removal is done "properly" .. right?

(Hey .. don't hit me! It was *your* idea!)

Hey, you!  "Remove Clothing" is the menu option, not an order.

But I like the way you are thinking ;)

Anjolique wrote:

Well for some reason I do not have feet anymore and I have done everything to look for them and have gone all the way back to old body that was given to me at first, but nothing.  I need help sighs.

I'm afraid I have to nominate this thread title and the above post as "The Most Adorable Thread Title and Post Ever".

I just want to give Anjolique a huge hug.

/hug

I remember my first week something important like feet would vanish and I thought they'd been kidnapped by Evil or something worse, awww! :womantongue:

Yes Anjolique if you don't straighten yourself out by right-clicking yourself, clicking Appearance, and then simply clicking okay to sort of re-draw yourself (works for me a lot), you may be still wearing a portion of your shoes that is designed to make the default feet invisible so they don't stick out when the shoes are on.

You can either do as others have suggested, which is to detach all or remove all clothing and then put it back on, or to locate that specific item, you can try clicking the inventory tab that says "Worn Items" or whatever find your shoe folders, and detach just the specific "shoe-base" item that shows as worn. If you are on an older viewer, you can type "worn" into the inventory search box and it will do the same thing, which is filter the inventory down to show only what you're wearing.

Hope this helps!

Darrius Gothly wrote:

(pssst .. if you people keep giving her real useful answers .. it's gonna totally ruin my nefarious plot to ransom her feet back to her.)

Eh? And erm...how much is yer wee plot worth to ye? I've a mind to buy myself a nice new island. Nothing fancy, and just "so" big. Big as the bloody SL Mainland that is!

Methinks the word of the day might be as much "solidarity" as any other. What say ye?

Or could it be "stoolie"?  :womanvery-happy:

• 1 month later...

I admit to having the same problem. I detached my shoes and my feet went instead. I was left walking on nubs while my shoes were still on. I went through all the suggestions listed here and still can't find my feet. lol. I would have hoped to get a warning "HEY, DO YOU REALLY WANT NO FEET? YES NO?" lmao

but alas, still no feet. I have tried putting my shoes back on and nothing. I have tried to remove all clothes and I have nothing on now and still no feet. Anybody have any other suggestions?

One thing, when I redraw my appearance, I do see them appear, but the minute I walk, they disappear again. ?!?!

I sooooooo need your help!

Thanks, Lily

ahhh..  I found them. I went back to viewer instead of phoenix and it was easier to see "worn items".  There was an alpha channel on my feet and when I took it off, it worked. YAY.. nice to have feet again and I will watch my detaching by right clicking an item in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions! Lily

LilyMcallister wrote:

ahhh..  I found them. I went back to viewer instead of phoenix and it was easier to see "worn items".  There was an alpha channel on my feet and when I took it off, it worked. YAY.. nice to have feet again and I will watch my detaching by right clicking an item in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions! Lily

YAY!!! :matte-motes-whistle:

Glad we could find something that worked! For the record, I have been discovering that Detach All and Remove All Clothes don't always do what they say they will. Sometimes stuff hangs on, and I have no idea why that is, or why it varies. But 1.x viewers made it very easy to see what you are wearing, and moreover, they do not allow for multiple clothing, tattoo, or alpha layers, so technically as soon as you log in with one half the version 2 stuff you're wearing gets dumped automatically, leaving you with only the things that will truly be replaced by one of the test or generic outfits.

Several of us are convinced that the problem is the multiple tattoo and clothing layer code behavior in 2.xx. We can't prove it, and SL doesn't seem to be taking it seriously, but we still think it will show itself to be true in the end.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.