Letting group members pick the group role they like when they join?

JillianKelly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a group and i want members to choose their roles (that i have created) when they join. Is there a way to allow members to choose the role or do i have to make them request the officer/owner for a change in role. By default members will be tagged to "Everyone" role. please help.

2 answers to this question

it is possible to let them change it themself, but you need to create more roles.

When you invite people to a special role, they automaticly will be in the "everyone" role too... that way you already would have two different tags to use.

You can manually assign them to more roles. For every role they have they can have a seperate tag.

Be sure you set the right abilities to the roles, so they don't jijack the group or can do things you regret afterwards :)

• Like 2

Do NOT make anyone else an owner of the group, with the exception of your own alt.  Owners can never be ejected from the group or removed from the Owner role.

You can assign any group abilities you want to any role(s) you want.  A person does not have to be in the Officer role to be able to assign themselves (and others) to group roles.  You just need to check that group ability in the role(s) you want to have it.

I would experiment with group abilities with a small group of friends you trust before setting them for a large group.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.