How can I go about acquiring an abandoned company?

Zinc252 Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently I noticed a company had been severely neglected.  They still have employees and everything seems to function, but it's barely still going.  Most of the landmarks it provides are outdated and not useful.  I was instructed by an in store support employee that I could attempt to contact the management team.  The CEO no longer comes up in search and the Operations and Support Manager lists in his profile that he is no longer working for them.

Is there anything I can do to attempt to acquire this business?

2 answers to this question

Short of contacting the owner and arranging a transfer or buying the business, no.  The owner may not be active in SL, but someone must be paying the rent or tiers on any land it occupies.  Also you could IM him or her and your message may go to their email.

Alternatively, you can start a similar business anytime you'd like.

• Like 2

Amethyst is quite correct. Companies don't truly exist in SL. That is, a "company" cannot own land or assets of any kind, cannot buy or sell things, and cannot have a cash balance.  A company is simply a label that an individual uses as a marketing identifier.  That individual owns things, buys and sells them, and has L$ flowing through her account.  So, you may ask that person, the one you are calling the CEO, if she wants to sell you assets and cede any IP rights she may have, but nobody else has any authority to answer for her.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.