Gay Cowboys

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any place in SL that caters to gay men and plays country music?

I've been to many places that play country and are very welcoming to the glbt community, but none that specialize in playing country with an emphasis on gay men.

If anyone knows of one I'd really appreciate it if you send me in their direction.

Thanks... Dres

I'm not sure any exist anymore...some clubs had occassional(ie bi-monthly) line dancing nights with mostly country/rock-a-billy music. my suggestion is approaching some of the full time clubs and seeing if you can help create a gay/country night...if you can help get the crowd any owner would be glad to have the business.

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Is there any place in SL that caters to gay men and plays country music?

I've been to many places that play country and are very welcoming to the glbt community, but none that specialize in playing country with an emphasis on gay men.

If anyone knows of one I'd really appreciate it if you send me in their direction.

Thanks... Dres

Howdy, Dresden!

I thought I was the only Cowboy in SL who was into dudes and likes country music!  Like you, I go to several of the country/western clubs around, but, they are all straight.  Yeah, they have been welcoming but, I don't walk in and announce for all the world that I like dudes and so no women need to IM me either.  Something I don't get is, when I go into those clubs, why am I the only guy there wearing a hat?  All the other guys there have long hair and 1000's of tattoos.  *chuckles*

Anyway, I would love to find a real c/w club that played country music all the time and was for gays.  Maybe on the SanFrancisco sims?  But...I don't know how much demand for such a place there is in SL.  Would we two be the only ones there dancin?  Sounds like something I need to check into further.  IM me inworld sometime and let's compare notes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Valerie, you have a place in SL as a **bleep** hag. I love it... Straighty McStraight. And actually S/W dancing used to be the most popular form of social dancing (in first life/real world) for gay men. (It's getting a run for its money from the gay square dancers).

--gay square dancer

(Yes, that **bleep* was the forum software editing out the word f a g. Sigh.) --That's MR **bleep** to you.

Dear Poster,

I would love to invite you to our club on Gayborhood Island... I am the resident Dj and part owner and we have a club that does play Country music.  I used to do Country Sunday but have had a hard time getting a group to show up sense we moved to the new sim due to the adult content issues.

The LM for our club is:  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Gayborhood%20Island/113/139/24

We currently have dj's on Sunday, Monday & Thursday nights from 7-9pm SLT.

We have a dj on Tuesdays during the day from 12 - 2 pm slt. 

All the dj's play a variety of music and then I try to do the country thing on Sundays.

Hit me up some time and I'll set something up just for you :)

Sincerely,

DjRed Shuffle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.