You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I stick with this viewer as its the one i know and i can run it as phoenix .. but ever since i updated to the newest version it takes ages to TP and everytime i log out it crashes and i have to do task manager to shut it down as its not respondin. Wondered if anyone else had this problem and how they resolved it.  I only updated the viewer because of the notification about payments.

Thanks

I have been using the newest version of Firestorm for several months and on several platform with no issue.

As viewers progress more gets added to them (this is pretty much all viewers, not just FS) so it might be -- depending on your system that you need to go to a 1.23 based viewer. There are several and it might be worth checking to see which ones have updated for the newest "money" codes.

If you have a hefty computer with lots of power then obviously that isn't the answer :D.

That's worth doing, but Firestorm also seems to be struggling to cope with SL13B. I am seeing huge amounts of RAM being used. I've been crashing out with around 6GB or RAM used in 64-bit Firestorm, and plenty of disk-swapping space left. So I have been walking around SL13B with a different viewer.

I have done work with textures, and tried to use as small a size as I can get away with. I try to keep my Avatar complexity low. SL13B seems to be made and filled by people who don't know and don't care.

I;m tempted to give up on Firestorm

yep im at that stage now always used firestorm but it crashes everytime i go anywherewith more than 5 people, crashes everytime i log out crashes when i tp... im no expert but ive been on sl like 5yrs and ive done all the usual fixes loaded by bandwidth, draw distance, set my settings to low for everything and still happens... i only updated because of the money thing not being able to trade, wish i hadnt bothered makes sl a night mare, can anyone recommend a better more stable viewer that is similar to phonix on firestorm> thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.