Recovering Lost Non- Group Items

SedonaOnidene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today I was transferrring from one island to another and went to pick all the items on the land I was vacating. I went to the "About Land" and under "Objects" clicked on return "Owned by Parcel Owner" [that's me]. After the times were returned, I clicked on "Set to Group"- return. I got a message saying that all items not set to Group would be deleted. But when I went to click on the times that were left to transfer them to Group; they just evaporated. These were all no-copy, rare items so that is why this is such an issue.  Is there anyway to recover them and why isn't the "Owned by Other's" first so you have warning to change to group status any items are not yet set to the group? Mostly I wonder if there is any way to recover them.

***I got the message after I had picked up the Owned by Parcel Owner which is me****

4 answers to this question

if it's not in your inventory, or lost and found as cluttered object... it's gone...

as you say you got a warning first.. so if you still clicked you took the risk.

You could try to find out if there's a redelivery system at the creators store, but for no copy items i doubt there's a way to get it back.

When you move you should ALWAYS pick things up individually and put them in your inventory.  When you use parcel return, some things may disappear forever as you found out, and everything else is returned in coalesced objects which is just a big bunch of stuff.  You have to rez it out and pick things up individually. 

Sometimes if the coalesced object contains too many items or scripts (over 1000) you can't rez it out.  If it has linden plants, you can only rez it out in special places. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.