Need Avatar help please

JeromeWashington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.  I'm new to SL and am searching for someone who can build/create an avatar for me.  I've made a good faith effort to do it myself, but I have no skill at it :)  I'm willing to pay someone a reasonable amount of linden dollars to do this for me.  Please message me if you're interested or can refer someone.  Thannk you.  Jerome.

Thanks Alwin!  I guess I'm hoping to find someone who's interested in helping me first (I'm assuming anyone interested in helping is capable enough to create a variety of different kinds of avatars), and then we can discuss what kind of avatar I'm looking for.  Generally speaking, I want a male mesh avatar (I'm not even sure I said that correctly, see? ha ha).  A couple of years ago, I posted a similar message and this very kind young lady from Canada offered to help.  We met up in SL, I explained what i was looking for, we agreed on a price, and she created a wonderful avatar for me.  I suppose I'm hoping for a similar outcome this time.  

if you want a custom avatar it will cost you a real serious amount of money these days, most people wear mesh, and that takes a serious amount of hours to create that in RL. ( impossible to do in SL)

You better go look for yourself for premade mesh avatars, or choose a default SL one and go from there

for mesh i'd recommend you look here for advise

or look at MP for complete avatars

or combine parts and make yourself

Creating a custom mesh avatar will not be cheap and will not be just $L's. Working for $L"s is just working for pennies an hour and no one should expect someone to do that.

People that have the skills to do this want RL money and to be paid a RL wage.  Since it may take a while to create the avatar we are talking a lot of US dollars.

So you want a shopping helper?  Males are more difficult to put together (at least for me) because there is so little to find in a big world of women's options.  Will you let us hammer down a few details here where you can have more people to add ideas?

What time zone are you in or  when are you in world?

Mesh bodies have a nice selection now.  Do you understand that going mesh means all your system clothes will not work with the mesh body? In other words it's a big step and usually means a whole new wardrobe.

Do you have an idea of how you want to look?  Hair, eye and skin color?  Muscle bound? Slender? dark or light? Dapper or "I love the 80's" biker?

How many outfits would you like have with the initial avatar build?  Do you have a budget?  Will you need a new AO?

That's about all I have at the moment. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.