I can't buy Linden on either of my accounts via the webpage even tho I have the money in account

Shoujo Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't buy linden dollars on any of my accounts via paypal even tho there is no issues apparent. My bank account has more than enough to cover the purchase, i've contacted my bank and there is no issues on its end. I've deleted and restarted my billing agreement for Linden Labs twice now on paypal and nothing works. Keeps saying "could not charge account. The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again." I've already lost the house on 1 of my accounts and im nearing the end of my rent week on the other house. So any help is appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Are you outside of the US? If so Paypal is no longer an accepted payment option through Lindex, though it is accepted by some of the approved 3rd party exchanges that cater for non-US residents. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/L$_Marketplace

If you are in the US (or need further advice for non-US payment methods), contact the Billing department (the call is free)

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

• Like 1

Hi Shoujo

I had this problem last week, but after trying to buy from the website accessed through your dashboard several times and being unsucessful I suddenly suceeded ?. It has nothing to do with your bank. It is a linden thing. They have changed the method for buying lindens for residents outside of the US.

It seems the only way we can buy now is through this website/ Secondlife Cashier/ I use viewer 2 and the beta version and I really like what they are doing with beta. Good luck 

LL don`t offer a free billing number for NZ - I have no idea why not, as I said on another thread recently I know they can`t cover every country but I would expect NZ, Australia, Ireland, Italy & Greece to be there - The mysteries of LL logic hehe

The fact that you are in NZ does actually answer your question though, Paypal is not an accepted payment method from there. The methods that are accepted are listed on: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Local_Payments_FAQ or if you want to try using one of the other approved exchanges instead of Lindex, some of them do accept Paypal, you can see them on: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/L$_Marketplace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.