hello dear, I am looking for business location to do my research

nhn1983

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

The first order of business is not to find a location.  Your first step should be to spend a month or two finding out what Second Life is, especaily if you are doing research that is somehow related to Second Life.  Over the past decade, I have seen a depressing number of students who come to SL without a clue about where they are or, worse yet, with a footlocker full of preconceived notions.  This is not a game or a massive roleplay experience, although you can find some elaborate games and RP in SL.  It is not a wild, free sex party or a continuous club scene, although you can certainly find plenty of both.  This is a second life, very much like RL but you can fly and teleport, and you can create some incredible things if you are talented enough.  This is a social platform with an economy of its own.

So..... before you go looking for a spot to settle in, explore.  Visit Caledon Oxbridge University for a start.  Do all their tutorials and learn the basics.  Use your Destination Guide to explore a wide range of venues.  Visit a skills gaming region.  Play Linden Lab's Paleoquest.  Hang out in Bay City -- go to a musical event or a discussion.  Take a free class at Builders Brewery.  Then mine the Knowledge Base for articles, starting with https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-User-s-Guide/ta-p/1244857 , and read the TOS carefully.  Then go find a place to do your research.  That part's easy.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.