Nothing but problems...

LamiaAmorist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a premium membership along with being a new member that had not yet launced for the first time. I launch the game and my avatar is a male despite choosing a female during account set up. I can't figure out how to fix this. Also all the graphics are gray despite the fact my computer is brand new top of the line from best buy, one of the fastest best computers they had available. Any suggestions?

LamiaAmorist wrote:

I just bought a premium membership along with being a new member that had not yet launced for the first time. I launch the game and my avatar is a male despite choosing a female during account set up. I can't figure out how to fix this. Also all the graphics are gray despite the fact my computer is brand new top of the line from best buy, one of the fastest best computers they had available. Any suggestions?

Things will be gray until you get your cache loaded. Here's a link to getting started to read while the world "rezzes" Welcome! 

ETA another Quick Start Link http://secondlife.com/support/quickstart/basic/Interface_overview

Kay well.... that is a little overwhelming, I played SecondLife years ago.... I don't remember it being so complicated. Is there anyone who can tell me how to change the sex of my avatar? If I could just do that for now I would be happy. People "in the game" are not very helpful at all.

It's really easy to switch to a female.  Just right click on your avatar and select Edit my Shape.  In there you can select male or female and adjust many sliders to change your looks.

Open your inventory (click the suitcase icon on the sidebar on the right side) then scroll down to Library and open the Clothing folder.  You'll see many initial avatar outfits there, some male, some female.  Just drag a folder from the inventory onto your avatar and it will change outfits.

Hang in there, it is a bit overwhelming at first but trust me, it gets easier with familiarity.

Hope this helps!

The male of female shape is set by (drumroll) your shape.  To change to a female, the fastest way is to put on a female shape.  Open your inventory.  Go to the Library > Clothing and pick out a female avatar.  Just right click and wear any shape you find there.

You could also edit your shape and click the "female" radio button.

LamiaAmorist wrote:

Kay well.... that is a little overwhelming, I played SecondLife years ago.... I don't remember it being so complicated. Is there anyone who can tell me how to change the sex of my avatar? If I could just do that for now I would be happy.
People "in the game" are not very helpful at all.

Aw, that's not a good experience!

Okay, when you are inworld, IM me: Caitlin Tobias, I will be online later tonight and will be happy to help you get sorted!

LamiaAmorist wrote:

Kay well.... that is a little overwhelming, I played SecondLife years ago.... I don't remember it being so complicated. Is there anyone who can tell me how to change the sex of my avatar? If I could just do that for now I would be happy. People "in the game" are not very helpful at all.

Most likely the people you asked in-game did not know how to do it either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.