can you assign friends and group memebers different colours on your minimap

Aanna Padgett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On your minimap your friends show up in yellow. I play in SL Gor and there is an element of fighting and raiding. Some of my friends are in a different group from me. My problem is being unable to see who my fellow team memebers are using the minimap as they also show up in yellow (because they're friends)

3 answers to this question

In the Linden viewers, no. All friends show as a yellow dot and everyone else as green. There is no way to set a color for an individual avatar in any viewer, AFAIK.

In the mini-map you can hover your cursor over the dot and the name will come up. Use the scroll wheel to zoom the map in an out to sperate dots.

Firestorm is a third party viewer made by a team of SL users, not Linden Lab employees. It is currently the most popular viewer used with SL. It is considered the power users' viewer. It has additional tools for photography, machinima, building, and more that are not found in the Linden Viewer.

However, the Linden Viewer is somewhat the cutting edge viewer getting most new SYSTEM features ahead of thrid party viewers.

• Like 1

It's none of my business but this is a public forum and there's a good chance other role players you're going to meet will read it. And you asking openly how to cheat! Unless you're in some very unconventional rp groups, using the minimap during fights and raids is a HUGE no-no, people have been expelled from rp communities for less.

Don't worry yet, we won't tell but really, my best advice to you is mark this question as answered so it goes away ASAP, cross your fingers and hope no other Gorean role players noticed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.