I'm very confused about changing my avatars face right now.

LindsayVIII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently I'm wearing slink physique alpha (shows default SL head, hands), slink avatar enhancement feet flat (left and right) slink physique mesh body v2.9 (add me), fem shape 4 and slink physique skin 2.

Avatar looks pretty good, the face lets it down. It's okay in some lighting, terrible in others. At first I thought the solution was to buy new shapes. Tried several, it changed the structure of the face, but all the imperfections still stand out, so I begin to to think the problem is the skin. Thing is, I try new skins and all that does is manage to make my face colour look completely different to my body colour. The contrasts really show at the neck and wrists. I'm in a bit of a pickle here and would greatly appreciate some advice!

your problem is not your skin and not your body

you simply miss the skin applier for the body, that's needed to have a correct connection at your wrists ankles and neck.

Go to your favorite skinstore and get the applier that suits one (or more)  skins you already have.

( be sure to get the slink applier for body/feet/hands together)

If it are older skins there's a chance appliers are not available.

There are a few parts of the system face that are hard to work with.  The crease next to the nose is the most well known and the blocky cheeks are another tough spot.

I will send you a couple of shapes you can play with and see they they help.  But to matchup the system parts with the mesh parts you will need an applier that matches the skin like Alwin mentions.

The system face is hard to work with. If you are using the basic viewer for second life you will run into the lighting issue.

The only fix i can suggest is trying Firestorm viewer and go into your windlighitng settings change it to AnaLutetia-Avatar Opt whiter(This is located at the bottom right hand with the firestorm symbol button, Quick Peferences, click and find WL Sky), also go in your perferences go to graphics turn off Advanced lighitng model and make sure your point lighting, is sun and moon only. then restart. I use this all the time. Clean sharp textures and thats it.

Tho if your are all about shadows and high graphics i wouldn't suggest this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.