my second life profile feed snapshots used to be large, now they are too small even if taken large

Szabia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was uploading snapshots to my profile feed, then downloading them later to disc.  This worked well because the snapshot images were quite large when they reached my profile so I ended up with a large image to work with.   Now all of a sudden since the inworld camera was updated, i can no longer upload large images to my profile.... even though i am choosing large dimensions with the camera and uploading to profile.  the image uploads to profile feed, but it is only 500 x 295 pixels even if i uploaded a much larger size according to the inworld camera.   what am i missing?  can i fix this to be able to resume uploading larger images to profile feed?

5/21/16 - Yes thanks everyone for responding - yes i do know how to get large images onto disc.... i was only using the profile feed to save time, save the image to feed, then to disc, thus not having to take the picure twice if i wanted to post it to the feed.   oh well.  i suppose you are right, they probably just cut off that capability to prevent large images being put in the feed *D

3 answers to this question

Not surprised they closed this loophole, to be fair. There's no reason my.secondlife.com should be hosting huge pics. There's probably no fix, 500x295 is all you're likely to get.

A more successful way to do this would be to download straight to disk. You can set custom image dimensions using this method, too.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.