"show Look at" Can that be turned off?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed that in Phoenix viewer, under Phoenix there is an option called "show look at" that has an X beside it.  If I take the X off, can I still see what others are looking at but they can't see what I am looking at?  Is there a way that no one can see what I am looking at even if I can't see what others are looking at?  I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advnace, Julieanne

Well, no.  In the Imprudence viewer you have another choice, which is to shut it off entirely. It's called "Private Look At", I think. That means no one gets to see where you're looking, but you can't see where they are looking either.  Which is practically the definition of fair.

I think the viewer effects that PeeWee referred to don't cover Show Look At in the sense that you asked. It's about the beam you see when you're editing something... things like that.

you could do that in phoenix too if you wanted. Just don't enable any of them and you won't see it. You don't see beacons by default anyway, you have to turn them on. Phoenix lets you decide if you want others to see yours, if you want to see theirs, if you want to see your own and if you want to see names above them or not.

Ossian wrote:

Well, no.  In the Imprudence viewer you have another choice, which is to shut it off entirely. It's called "Private Look At", I think. That means no one gets to see where you're looking, but you can't see where they are looking either.  Which is practically the definition of fair.

I think the viewer effects that PeeWee referred to don't cover Show Look At in the sense that you asked. It's about the beam you see when you're editing something... things like that.

It covers all viewer effects Ossian, there are then other option boxes listed below to show your edit zapper if you want or your lookat beam...I didn`t mention all the boxes as I figured the OP would see them once there, sorry  *gives self a stern talking to* :(

Vladi Hazelnut wrote:

you could do that in phoenix too if you wanted. Just don't enable any of them and you won't see it. You don't see beacons by default anyway, you have to turn them on. Phoenix lets you decide if you want others to see yours, if you want to see theirs, if you want to see your own and if you want to see names above them or not.

You can even see their names, using Phoenix?  I wonder if I can do that with the Linden's viewer.

I don't see a beam, all I see are different colored X's showing where an Avatar is looking.

Of the times I have enabled Show Look At, I could see where the Residents around me were looking. Maybe it's Viewer based. I personally haven't met any Resident's which I could not see where they were looking. I've only used the Feature to see exactly where someone wants me to look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.