Removing Bling Scripts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using some earrings as an OpenCollar 6, but I forgot to try to remove the blink scripts from them before creating the collar.  

Is there any way to easily do it?  I found some old threads with scripts like this:

{

state_entry()

{

llLinkParticleSystem( LINK_SET, [] );

llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());

}

}

But I'm afraid that will do something to all the other scripts in the collar.

Thanks!

If you want to remove a specific script, just edit the item and delete that specific script.

But I believe that bling is a toggle (been a LONG time since I looked) - you can set bling and remove the script and the bling will still be there. You need to add a new script that sets the bling values to none / zero / default or whatever.

- and then delete that script as well to save on script memory.

If you're dealing with an item that was made before the era of linkset scripting, such that it has scripts in many different prims - you should probably trash that item. It will end up being amazingly laggy if you use it.

But you can find out by checking your own script count when wearing it, which is found under "World -> About Land -> Script Info"

That script turns off all particles in the linkset (so it gets rid of your bling) and then deletes itself.

So it can't do any harm, but if the bling returns, you'll need to apply another copy of the script.

In your position I would ask for advice in either the Open Collar group or (if they can't help you) the Open Collar R&D group. Both are open enrollment and free to join. 

ETA:   I've been thinking about this, and I suspect the script that's causing the problems may not be an Open Collar script at all.   I don't recall "bling" as ever being an option in my alt's open collar and I certainly couldn't find any way to turn it on when I checked earlier today.

Moreover,  /3 bling off doesn't sound like an OC command to me.  I would expect it to be  /3 klbling off  (or "/3 izbling off" if it was my collar/ear rings) or /3 #bling off .   That's how all their other commands are structured.

Just double-check in all the child prims in your ear-rings to make sure there aren't any bling scripts hidden any of the child prims.   I think you may find something to remove.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.