packages not able to be delievered because too many ims...how do u contact the seller to redeliver?

StellaMaris Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I order 20 items and only 12 were able to be delivered before my IMs were capped.  I see it says the new way to handle this problem is to just contact the seller, but when  click on the seller's name it doesn't give u contact information.  It was waaay easier the original way because now this is a hassle if it's more than one seller u have to contact.  It's 8 different items all with different sellers.  Was much less of a hassle to just copy/paste the item numbers to a form.  I waited the 24hour time period and no delivery.  Please help! 

Thanks,

Stella :-D

5 answers to this question

type this into your ingame web browser.

https://my.secondlife.com/seller.name

where "seller.name" is the name of the seller, in lower case, with a period in place of the space (if any). For me, for example, it would be https://my.secondlife.com/winter.ventura  . From there, you can use the "Actions" button to choose "IM". At which point, you should be able to send the seller an instant message, informing them of the problem.

• Like 2

The marketplace delivery system is not the best in the world, for sure. 

Maybe the marketplace should implement some sort of redelivery system like many merchants in world have. Then we could go back to the marketplace and get them sent again when it is stopped by, as in this case, im being capped. Of cource there would have to be some sort of check to see if the item actually is delivered or not so that no-copy/transfer items are not delivered more than one time to the buyer.

Then we wouldn't have to pester the seller for a new copy in case of non-delivery of an item.

- Luc -

Marketplace has a redelivery system (the merchant can start a redelivery). The only problem is, that a merchant will be understandably reluctant to send a Transfer-Item again, if Marketplace tells him, the first was delivered.

If not you might put up a Ticket with Marketplace, asking for help with a Marketplace-Problem.

Follow previous posters advice for what to do in this case & I would add that it has been very rare for people to post here about non-delivery when they buy one item at a time as opposed to using the multi-buy option in the Marketplace, so I would recommend doing it that way in future, at least until they work out the bugs in the MP system . :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.