How can someone have a neg. L$ balance?

Sky Umia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I logged out I had 0L$.... I logged in today and I now have a balance of -13L$... I looked at my transaction history and I found this.....

03/22/2011 01:37:55 19def253 Destination: Vajayjay Lands
Group Liability
 L$2       L$-13   
03/22/2011 01:32:31 f312503e Destination: The Allan Sixpence Experience
Group Liability
 L$1       L$-11   
03/22/2011 01:29:57 48b3ed81 Destination: OddBallZ
Group Liability
 L$10       L$-10   

Can anyone explain to me what Group Liability is and how it was able to take money when I don't have it to take? I've never seen this before. Is it new or something?

5 answers to this question

Torley Linden video on Group Liability: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Video_Tutorial/What_is_a_group_liability%3F

Thread on similar question to yours: http://secondlife.lithium.com/t5/Merchants/Should-merchants-be-charging-customers-group-liability-fees/td-p/756225

I'd leave those groups immediately if it was me unless and let the Group Owner know why so they can change the way they are set up, unless you are actively involved in the running of the groups and there is some reason why you would be paying for the privilege of being a member.

It is divided between all members in a role that has the ability: "Pay group liabilities and receive dividends" - The problem is that this ability is checked by default for the "Everyone" role & not all group owners are aware of this.

Those that knpw usually change it so that only the owner role has that checked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.