Not sure how to give an avatar animation back once an object is put away/detached

cubodo64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I currently have an object that, when worn and then clicked on, puts an avatar into a pose and overrides/replaces animations with permission. I want them to go back to normal when the object is put away, but i'm not sure how to do that.

Another, albeit less important issue i'm having is that despite putting the animations at high priority, it seems like the body_noise idle is still happening? The avatar is meant to go stock still but they still sort of move. Not sure if this is the right place for that one but I thought it might still be worth asking.

When you want to reset the animation to its default setting, use llResetAnimationOverride.  That will return you to "normal".  I'm not sure that's what you are asking, though.  That won't make your avatar stop "stock still".  If you want to do that, simply use llStopAnimation.  Just be sure that you stop anything that might possibly be scripted to restart animations (like your AO).  Otherwise, the stop will only be temporary.

When I mean stock still, I mean not doing any other sort of animation save for the one I put on it, where really only the hands and feet are moving. The avatar should be more or less frozen otherwise. The chest still seems to do a breathing animation.

e: Also, is there any event that can activate when an object is detached? It seems like it'd be attach("NULL_KEY") but that just brings up a syntax error. The override doesn't seem to stop when the object is detached normally.

Oh, the breathing movement is not an animation.  That's always running except, I think, in the turn_180 internal animation. 

To test whether something is detached, just have yoiur attached event look for

attached (key id){   if (!id)   {        // object is not attached    }}

Once an object is detached, of course, you can't do anything, since it's no longer in world.  You do have a very brief window of opportunity during the detachment -- just long enough to do something really simple like send a message -- but that's it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.