How to choose a mesh body?

CatlynWingz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am rather new at this, and I am getting confused: which mesh body is the better one ( as I understand there are muptiple) and what makes the difference?

And also: do you need specific clothes for these bodies or can they wear al mesh clothes?

Help is appreciated!

This may help: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

There is a ton of useful information about all the bodies currently available.

In a nut shell, almost any body can wear "Standard size" meshes.  Those made for specific bodies will of course fit that body better.  TMP is an odd ball since it does not play well with others.  However there is a lot of content out for it.

Feet and shoes are not so interchangable, tho.  On the good side almost everyone makes shoes for all the popular bodies.

Standard sizes in mesh does not respond to "soft sliders" as breast size and body fat. Remember this if you want a bigger cup size than the ones provided in the standard sizes.

Fitmesh created for the mesh bodies follow them... also when you bump up the soft parts. You also does not have to use the alpha cuts... well, in some cases, they are still necessary. 

Maitreya is the most popular mesh body, and some designers only make fitmesh for Maitreya. Over 60% in a survey prefer Maitreya Lara.

Go and grab demos of as many of them as you can. Check they can give the look you want as some seem to be more suited to certain body shapes. I have a Slink Physique as it stuck more to my system shape just smoother but others are suited to the more curvy look.

Check that you can get a skin you like for your face with a compatible applier for the body.

I tried out many of them and tried on some of my mesh clothing to see if it would work. Personally I only wear my mesh body when I am wearing certain clothing, if I am all covered up in jeans and long sleeves there didn't seem any point.

I second the meshbodyaddicts site and the inworld group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.