llGetExperienceErrorMessage

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The error code is the second parameter in the list (dang... CSV string) that is returned by the dataserver when it executes your function. 

EDIT:  From the wiki description of each of the KVP functions >>>

A string containing a comma-delimited list (cdl). llDumpList2String([ integer success ] + components);

For example ....

dataserver(key t, string value)    {        if (t == tid)        {            list result = llCSV2List(value);            if (llList2String(result,0) == "1")            {                llSay(0, gMsg + ": " + llList2String(result,1));            }            else            {                integer error =  (integer)llGetSubString(value, 2, -1);                if (error == 14)                {                    llSay(0,"Use the Update box to create a new KVP.");                }                llSay(0, "Key-value failed to read: " + llGetExperienceErrorMessage(error));            }        }     } 

I've been looking here for the value of a KVP key, using llReadKeyValue().  So my code is telling me the result, if it finds it.  If not, it's picking up the error code and looking first to see whether the problem is simply that there's no key by the name I have given it (error - 14).  If that's not it, it's telling me what the error is.

EDIT: I should leave well enough alone.  I make one editing "improvement" to my post and then have to addd more to explain it.     :)

Thanks Rolig.  Interesting stuff.   But that's not what I'm doing.

Maybe I'm not having an "experience" error at all.  So I better explain more.

I have an experience script that uses llTeleportAgent.  Which works fine except for the throttling.  So I'm trying to detect in the script that I've been throttled.

Which  gives me this:  Too many llTeleportAgent requests. Throttled until average falls.

The throttling pops up a Script Warning/Error/Debug box... so I can see it happened.  I don't know how, in the script, to capture the error and deal with it there.  I can listen on the debug channel but can't hear my own error messages.

I suppose I can just check the position after the attempt and assume I've been throttled if I'm not where I was going.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Thanks Rolig.  Interesting stuff.   But that's not what I'm doing.

Maybe I'm not having an "experience" error at all.  So I better explain more.

I have an experience script that uses llTeleportAgent.  Which works fine except for the throttling.  So I'm trying to detect in the script that I've been throttled.

Which  gives me this:  Too many llTeleportAgent requests. Throttled until average falls.

The throttling pops up a Script Warning/Error/Debug box... so I can see it happened.  I don't know how, in the script, to capture the error and deal with it there.  I can listen on the debug channel but can't hear my own error messages.

I suppose I can just check the position after the attempt and assume I've been throttled if I'm not where I was going.

Oh, that error happens if you have too many TP requests bunched together.  It happens to me if I use a llTeleportAgent to bounce someone off an object and then send him to another location with the same (or another) script less than a second later.

EDIT:  To be clear(er), I think that's a region cap, not a cap per script or per owner, and I am not sure what the time limit is.  I just know that if you have several things all trying to force TP avs at once, you get that message.  The only way to beat it is to put delays in your own scripts so that they at least don't bump into themselves.

Oh, that's different.  You do have to be a Premium member to own an experience. I thought you were asking about scripting or enjoying one, Steph. 

Basically, the reason for making experience owners be Premium is that it weeds out a lot of the potential griefers.  A Premium member has contact and billing information on file, so it's harder for him to hide.  I'm not a Premium member, so I can't own an Experience, but I can still write scripts for people who do.  You could too.

Yes, you certainly can use it.  The ONLY thing you can't do is own it.

Visit the big Linden Lab games, PaleoQuest and Linden Realms.  Both of those are run entirely with Experience tools.  The first time you visit, you are asked whether you want to join the experience and give the system permission to do all sots of things.  You agree, and for the rest of your life in SL you may enjoy all of the scripted venues in that Experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.